Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm Just So Totally Proud of my Wife that I HAD to post this...

So my wife has been making a ton of cakes for folks lately. Mostly birthday cakes, but also a wedding cake and a few other occasions now. She's pretty damn talented IMO. This is a Star Wars LEGO cake she did for a friend's son named Zachary over this weekend. I'll post a few more pictures of other cakes she's done down at the bottom. 








Hunger Games and iPhone cakes.



80's Themed and Cars cakes 


A Sesame Street cake


 A Racecar cake and an old-style Mickey mouse cake from a vintage pan 
(she hand piped ALL that frosting) 


A-Grr-from-Invader-Zim-sleeping-on-a-giant-mustache-with-a-pile-of-Tacos-cake.
And a Splatter Cake.


This is a Construction Site Cake


Wedding cake.

Anyway, just a quick post to beam proudly at my ever-lovin's wife. She's pretty awesome. Between her cakes and my daughter's make-up work, I'm shaping up to have a pretty talented family. 

I'll be back soon with more Geeky Goodwill Goodies! Until then, Happy Hunting!

12 comments:

  1. Just amazing work Derek your wife is a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool. Wish she could do a weekly Monster Cafe cake. We sell the heck out of cakes here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they'd survive the trip from Maine to Mexico without some super-expensive help.

      Delete
  3. NICE! I'd have just cheated and put the actual minifigures on the cake haha. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wishes she could have, I'll tell you that.

      Delete
  4. Those are great! I love how the Star Wars characters turned out. They remind me of something you'd see in a vintage photo from the 70s/80s that bring back warm fuzzy memories of childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not going to mail you a cake, Dex. Nice try.

      Delete
  5. I am friends with your wife forever. Would you let her know that?

    These cakes..... it is very difficult to make those tiny shapes and characters, this really is an art form. Does she draw, paint or anything else? I am so interested in her! But not weirdly, just appreciatively. I am making a Care Bear cake for Sarah's bday this weekend and I can promise you, it will be laughable!
    Your wife has serious skills, my man. :)
    That piped Mickey takes me waaaaaay back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling her how much she'd love her blog, and she just keeps not being a blog person... but I'm convinced she doesn't know what she's missing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...