Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hostess With the Mostess...?

So I've already lapsed on my commitment to keep posting everyday, even through a move from house to house. In fact, I'm really not sure I can keep things up after today for a little while. I may have to take a brief hiatus from blogging, though it really burns me to do so. Hell, I even had to make my bi-weekly trip to goodwill TODAY because tomorrow afternoon (Payday Friday!!!) is going to be full of moving furniture.

So up is down, left is right, and all has gone to hell. We're talking some real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. 40 years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats... living together! MASS HYSTERIA!

So with all that going on, I thought I'd just focus on another single item that I found at goodwill, and that I love. Here's a hint to what it might be:

And just so you know... even the Goodwill Geek is not Goodwill Ga-Ga enough to buy second-hand foodstuffs. 

See what this wondrous item might be after the jump!


It's Twinkie the Kid!!! 

Quite possibly the worst picture of Twinkie the Kid on the internet. 

This amazing Twinkie holder from 2001 has a flip-top cowboy hat to store all the sugary goodness (and sinister chemical toxicity) of you average Hostess Twinkie. I don't use him to store my Twinkies, however, no matter how much this mini midnight cowboy begs me to put it in him. 

Nope, he goes on the shelf (if you look carefully you can see something on his boots that is NOT bird poop, but is in fact poster putty, to assist him in standing) with my other toys, junk, knick-knacks, bric-a-brac, goo-gaws, kitsch, and tchotchkes. I paid .99 cents for this little pardner, and I'm so glad he moseyed into my life. 

So I may be away for a while, loyal readers. If so, know that I am thinking of you... missing you... crying your names into my pillow at night and then quickly wiping the tears away when my wife asks what's wrong. 

I'll probably be back sooner than I'm thinking, but until I'm back with more Goodwill goodies... Happy Hunting! 

1 comment:

  1. Crazy I was just looking at him on ebay. I was trying to find the old vinyl toy of him from the early 70's with no luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...