Thursday, August 9, 2012

MORE Movies I'm looking forward to...

I've been under the weather for the last couple of days, not really able to get a lot done productively, so here's another handful of movies I've seen trailers for kicking around the web (keep in mind, some of these may have come out already, but I'M looking forward to seeing them):



"Chronicle"
This looks incredible. Any film where ordinary Joes have to deal with extraordinary powers or circumstances  is a great set-up. 

See five more after the jump!



"Cockneys Vs. Zombies"
A seriously strong Shaun of the Dead vibe to this one, and I see a few parallels in the preview already... but I'll be damned if I can't always get behind a cleverly written and acted zom-com, no matter how over-saturated the market.


"The Awakening"
This looks like a cross between Nicole Kidman's "The Others" and the Guillermo Del Toro produced movies "The Devil's Backbone" and "The Orphanage" ALL of which I enjoyed.


"V/H/S"
This just looks batshit insane in all the right ways. If they can still make a scary movie with found-footage style anthology-vignettes, I will back this 100%. Can't wait to see it.


"John Dies At the End"
From the Director of Bubba Ho-Tep, Phantasm, and Beastmaster? I'm there. 



"The Revenant"
The Crow, meets... Kick-Ass sort of... meets Aaah! Zombies! And Boon-Dock Saints? I dunno. I just want to see it. 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Chronicle and I think you'd love it. I did a review of it a while back, however It's semi-spoilerish, so I wouldn't recommend reading it until after you've seen the movie!!

    http://shezcrafti.com/chronicle-is-surprisingly-good-for-an-angsty-found-footage-teen-film-review/

    The rest of these films are all on my radar too. Great round-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate the spoiler warning. I will try to get a few of the movies I post on here watched as soon as I can, and then compare notes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...