Saturday, August 25, 2012

Movies I'm Looking Forward to IV: This Time It's Personal

It's that time again for me to post a bunch of trailers for movies I'm looking forward to seeing! (sorry, I want to do more, but we closed on our new house yesterday, and we've begun moving in, full-force) So here goes:


"Detention"
This just looks... wild. I want to see it, but I have no pre-conceived notions about actually liking it.

See 5 more after the jump!




"Rise of the Guardians"
love, Love, LOVE holiday mythology... and turning characters from childhood into its own form of mythology is even better. I own the first two books in this series (by William Joyce) but haven't read them yet. Expect appearances from Santa, The Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, Man in the Moon, Mother Goose, the Bogey Man, and others.


"Safety Not Guaranteed"
"Wanted: Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke... You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before."
This was a real ad put in a real paper. They based a movie on it. 
Done and done. 


"Attack the Block"
Teenage gangsters in South London are the first defense against vicious alien invaders. This looks brain-numbingly fun. 


"The FP"
Could a movie about a post-apocalyptic society ruled by Dance Dance Revolution be as stupid fun as it sounds? I hope so. 


"A Little Bit Zombie"
A Rom-Zom-Com??? I can't do one of these lists without at least one nod to the zombie genre it seems. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Attack the Block. That was a real breath of fresh air after the bust of Cowboys vs. Aliens.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...