Monday, August 6, 2012

Just a Quick Stop

In a quick stop at Goodwill today I made a few cool little finds:


A trio of books and one pretty cool find in the toy department!

More after the jump!

So, I try not to cheat and go to Goodwill too often between Payday Fridays, but sometimes the opportunity arises, and I just can't help myself. So today I made a Goodwill quick stop, I found the following items:



"Witches and Warlocks, Tales of Black Magic, Old and New" Selected by Marvin Kaye. It was the cover illustration by Edward Gorey that attracted me to this one. I certainly hope you can sometimes judge a book by its cover... This was the most expensive item of the visit at 2.99. 


This book had been kicking around the Goodwill for weeks before I finally picked "Magic Science" up for half price (.50 cents) because it had a blue sticker. It looks neat, and I'm sure my kids and I will get a kick out of some of the experiments. 


Another Choose Your Own Adventure Book from 1988, "Return to Atlantis" looks like good, classic fun. .99 cents. I never read this one as a kid, but I look forward to reading it in the future.  



And I got this Imaginext Joker's Funhouse set for 1.99! Pretty sweet! When I finally get all of my DC Action League figures out of storage, the Batman characters will all hang out on this as a display. I love the look of this playset, and I'll love the look of it even more now that I'll have one up on my shelf. 

So that's it for today kids. Even a quick stop can often turn up some great finds!

2 comments:

  1. All three of these look awesome. I have a huge soft spot for those old 'Choose Your Own Adventure' books, which for me were like the precursors to point & click adventure games on the computer, which is my favorite genre of video games. Love the Edward Gorey artwork on that Witches & Warlocks book, too. He's another favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There used to be a set of collected Ed Gorey works that you could pick up at places like B. Daltons (Back when that was a thing) and I would just want to spend hours flipping through them, looking at things like the Doubtful Guest and the Gashlycrumb Tinies. Anything Gorey I see in the wild comes home with me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...