Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 8: The Great Pumpkin Came!!! The Great Pumpkin Came!!!

The Great Pumpkin Gift Exchange organized by Dex over at AEIOU and Sometimes Why has been a smashing success... in my opinion. 

I myself played Great Pumpkin for Jaime over at Shezcrafti, and I hope I did enough for her. I sent her a parcel containing several cool Goodwill finds, plus some candy and books and other goodies to make her season a little more Autumn-y. I also tossed in some original Halloween poetry as my "magic" portion of the gift. 

And my own package came yesterday!!! 


I found out who my Great Pumpkin is: Reis O'Brien from the Lair of the Dork Horde!!! Reis is an incredibly cool guy, and he made my Halloween that much cooler and creepier with his generous and fun "Great Pumpkin" gift. 

See what my Great Pumpkin sent me after the jump!


First up, Reis is artistic. Ridiculously so. So what did he do? He decked my package out with a set of creepy and cute little Halloween doodles! I laughed out loud when I saw some of these: 

Hi back atcha! 
Indeed.
Awwww...  cute!
There are ghosts in this here box!
There's this weird part of me that wants to believe this is a Peanuts zombie. 
I wanted to take things slow, and savor the experience of opening my cool Great Pumpkin gift... but who am I kidding. I have like, zero impulse control. I tore it open like a kid on Christmas morning and tossed everything on the floor and rolled around on top of it (not naked, but only because I didn't want to take the time to disrobe... I mean... because that would have been weird... er.) until my wife came in and stopped me because I was upsetting the children. Anyway, here's what I got: 


Lucy Van Pelt! I am strongly against keeping toys trapped in their suffocating packaging, so I very shortly shucked Lucy from her blister pack and set her up on my Halloween shelf. I like her mildly satanic accessory  hat and her scaredy cat. 


Next up I got a vinyl figure of a member of the Skeleton Band from Mad Monster Party. He also makes a sweet addition to the Halloween display. I'll be honest, I was never a huge M.M.P. fan, but I love the character designs to death. I always thought it was hilarious that they had a band of skeletons with shag hairdos. This guy rocks, literally and figuratively. 


Karl, #14 from the Spastik Plastik collection (oh how I wish now that I hadn't sold off my other Spastik Plastik figures a couple of years ago... arrrgh!) is incredibly cool looking, and he is going in the year round collection in the cave (space is limited) next to my Pirate Skeleton coin bank and this guy:


The Funko Force Werewolf! I loooove this guy. I really dig the detailed realism of the design combined with the super-deformed style. This is the coolest Wolfman toy I currently own. It is beautiful and distracting. He's ready to tear it up and then get tickled under the chin for being such a cutie. 


Next up is the MIXO Kookycan Dracula! This guy is so svelte! Look at that face! Look at that tuxedo! Look at all that paper-craft that popped up from inside him!!! I mean, I don't want to play favorites, and make Reis think I like anything better than anything else... but this is one of my FAVORITE items from the package. (Just don't tell Reis.)  


But even as cool as that Dracula can was... this is my absolute #1 favorite item that Reis O'Brien, Lord of the Lair of the Dorkiest of All Dork Hordes sent to me... A 1986 Imperial Toys Universal Classic Monsters Frankenstein Monster!!! I. LOVE. THIS. TOY. I am not a huge Frankenstein fan, but the two toys I received in this package are starting to make me change my perspective in a rather significant way. This toy is so kick-ass I cannot even deal with it. It is going on my DESK. ALL THE TIME. Where I can look at it all year round, and it can look back at me, thinking its old, plastic monster-y thoughts. No but seriously, look how chunky and raw and awesome that Monster is. I can't STAND IT!!! 

Moving on...


Here's the whole haul in a group shot. I am unworthy of this amazing package of wondrous wonderment. I am so in love with The Great Pumpkin Gift exchange... I will be without hesitations participating again next year. This was amazing. 

I'll be back soon with more Ghoulish Goodwill Goodies (and the rest of my Top 10 Kid's Books for Halloween, I know you're on the edge of your seats...) so until then, Happy Haunting!

6 comments:

  1. I love that Imperial Frankenstein too! One of my favorites in my collection things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great googly moogly! That's some cool stuff! I'll be doing a post with links back to everyone once everyone reports back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww YEAH! Glad everything arrived safely and that you liked everything so much! I was worried. Nobody wants to be a lame gift-giver, so I tried to make the package as Halloweeny as I could.

    Ah! This just made my day! Happy Halloween, G.G.! FOR THE HORDE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was an incredibly cool Halloween package! Thank you so much!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...