Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 0: Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween
It's late and we are sleepy, 
the air is cold and still. 
Our Jack O' Lantern grins at us 
upon the window sill. 
We're stuffed with cake and candy 
and we've had a lot of fun, 
But now it's time to go to bed 
and dream of all we've done. 
We'll dream of ghosts and goblins 
and of witches that we've seen, 
And we'll dream of trick-or-treating 
on this Happy Halloween. 
--by Jack Prelutsky


12:01 A.M.
No more reason to shudder shake
shiver, tremble, quiver, quake. 
No more reason for throat to thirst.
Halloween's over.
It's November FIRST.
--by Lee Bennett Hokins


An Old Cornish Litany
From ghoulies and ghosties
and long leggity beasties
and all THINGS
that go BUMP in the night, 
Good Lord deliver us. 
--by Anonymous


(Alright, so I lied. I posted tonight after all. Happy Halloween Everybody!)

2 comments:

  1. Did you have a good one? Mine was kinda lame and I didn't get many trick-or-treaters, but that's to be expected after a hurricane I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It... was good. The kids got all the fun they needed from the night, but we got a late start and I think the weather dissuaded people from coming out... so things were pretty dead by the time we finally got trick or treating. It just wasn't as magical as I wanted it to be... but my kids were excited enough to make up for it and they never even noticed. In the pictures above you see my wife in a purple princess costume, my older son in a green dragon costume, my youngest son in a Lightning McQueen costume, and me in a weird hybrid skeletor/grim reaper/undead pharaoh sort of thing I had from the clearance sales last year (I also wasn't happy with my lack of costume planning, but with the move and everything I've had no time) and my daughter dressed as what she described as a "dark angel" (and her friend, the blue fairy). I was kind of bummed to be honest. I can't complain though... we got to HAVE Halloween, which not everyone can say. I think part of my problem is I always love the build-up to holidays more than the event, and therefore feel kind of blah afterwards. Redressing the blog in its old green togs was almost physically painful... but it had to be done. I'm on a mini hiatus for a few days before I jump back into the blog. I've got some stuff lined up to get me going... but I need a little rest.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...