Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 14: The Thing In the Jar...

Just a quickie today kids!!! And this one is a doozy! Here's a homegrown Halloween decoration I put together myself with an awesome toy that I actually got at Goodwill and was considering getting rid of... when I recently got a Really Great Idea!!!


Ooooh! See what the heck this thing is after the jump!

So it turns out when you take a:


Fill it with:


Add a drop or two of:


And then find one of these at Goodwill for .99 cents:


It's a King-Kong toy. The Scorpio-Pede from Skull Island.
 It ends up looking like this:


I added burlap and twine to the lid... but you get the idea. 

Personally, I think it makes a great and creepy looking addition to any collection of Halloween potions and vials in a mad scientist's lair or otherwise. Here's a shot of it in the Halloween display at our house! 


From top to bottom you can plainly see it is divided into categories: 

Shelf #1: Er... bowls I guess? Man, one of them isn't even facing the camera! ...And Fez Monkeys. 

Shelf #2: The Mad Scientist and/or alchemist's shelf. 

Shelf #3: The Haunted Cemetery Halloween Village Shelf.

Shelf #4: Halloween Toys and other goofy looking things shelf!

Shelf #5: Trick Or Treat Buckets shelf!

Shelf #6: Halloween Books! (Well, and there's some Thanksgiving books down on the end... but we can ignore those for today).

That's it for today guys! Just a quickie! But I'll be back soon with some more Ghoulish Goodwill Goodies! Until then Happy Haunting!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I suppose if I took it out of the jar... it would be pretty slick. With water.

      HA! Kidding! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! Very creative. Now I'm inspired to do something similar, but I don't have any weird-looking toys. I bet a bunch of gummy worms would look pretty gross in a jar like that...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...