Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm...

So I am officially going to try and make a foray into the realm of Collector's Blogging. This blog will focus mainly on what I pick up in my weekly to bi-weekly trips to Goodwill, but will expand to talk about anything I choose to add as the mood strikes. My trips to Goodwill focus mostly on toys and books, and I really want to show how a Geek on the prowl can procure some truly awesome items second hand. This post is mainly just a place-holder card so my blog isn't empty... but I'll give you a little taste:


Here we have 9 tiny E.T. figures. They are all solid tan plastic, no paint at all, a little over an inch tall, with a 1982 copyright with “Universal City Studios, Inc.” stamped on the back. I notice they all have numbers on the back, down between the feet, ranging from 1-9, but some of my 9 figures have duplicate numbers.

I picked these up in a plastic baggy at Goodwill for 99 cents.

Now, I have no idea where these figures originated. A boardgame? Movie theater giveaways? I've been trying to research them for a while now, and I can find a few folks trying to sell them, but no real origin story.  I'll keep you all updated as information comes in.

2 comments:

  1. They are from a/the boardgame. I have 2 of these and one still has a "blanket" made from very thin vacuformed plastic - his Halloween disguise.

    Check this out: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-ET-Board-Game-Replacement-Pieces-E-T-and-Ghost-Costume-/320954489244?pt=Games_US&hash=item4aba60d99c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I got one on ebay for 20 bucks with his costume, so id say you got a good deal. I made a mold of mine and am casting a bunch of them in different colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...