Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18: The 23 Items (HA!) of Christmas: It's League Time Again!

So my item for today is actually a wish list. Because the League of Extraordinary Bloggers is all about Wishlists this week!


My wishlist is pretty earthbound... pretty simple. I'm going mostly realistic here.

1. A Jack Skellington Action Figure. I NEED this. I'd even settle for a statue. But something that is in scale with my Headless Horseman and Sam from Trick R' Treat figures. I want to complete the triumvirate. I'm kicking myself for not having bought one back when every Hot Topic, Spencers, and Toys R Us was choking to death on them.


2. Toodee Mega Bloks figure. I have all the others. I love the design of the characters, and the style and culture behind the show. Trippy and fun, without being Teletubbies-level annoying. I CANNOT find this character. I don't even want the whole building set. I just want Toodee. 


3. Pop Culture Hotwheels. Specifically, Ecto 1, Knight Rider, and The A-Team Van. I want them in the package. I already have the Delorean from Back the Future, and the Mystery Machine. I have the two Angry Birds cars (not in love with those two, actually) and  the Mars Rover. I WANT Ecto 1, KITT, and the A-Team. 

Ghostbusters Hot Wheels

4. Kraven the Hunter SHS.  This is a Holy Grail. It's much less realistic than some other items on my list. Kraven was supposed to be produced... but never was in mass quantities. There are some floating around the eBayosphere... but for ridiculous prices. Some other Great White Whales of the series that I'd love to own are Hepzibah, Warpath, Gargoyle, and Nighthawk. 


5. Castle Greyskull. This is another or my Holy Grail items, but it is much more attainable than Kraven above. I just really loved this playset as a kid... and I want it BACK. 


6. Ewok Village. See above. 


7. The Planescape Boxed Set. Loved Planescape and Raveloft as a teen. I'm rebuilding my Ravenloft collection slowly but surely... but Planescape stuff is just back-breakingly expensive. I'd love to get this, and "In the Cage: A Guide to Sigil", "The Planewalker's Handbook", And the third Planescape Monstrous Compendium appendix. I still have a ton of my old stuff from way back when, and just want to complete my collection.


8. The Madball Rollercycle + Madballs action figures... and actually, all my old Madballs as well. I am crazy angry that these all got thrown in the trash when I was a kid. I. Had. Them. ALL. 

9. Thundercats Mini-Mates. I used to HATE mini-mates. Just never got into them. Never got the appeal. And then... The Real Ghostbusters series came out, and I had to have them all. Now they come out with these??? What the hell Mini-mates!!! I'm not touching those awful Battle Beast mini-mates with a 40' pole though. Yuck. 
SDCC 2012 ThunderCats Minimates 5-pk Panthro, Jaga, Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, Snarf Comic Con Exclusive


10. Astro City, The Goon, iZombie... and a ton of other awesome Graphic novels. I just... I need to get caught up on my stories. 


All right... that's my wishlist. 

What to the other Leaguers wish for? Let's see:

- Hobgoblin at the Monster Cafe has big plans for the Cafe... and his wishlist revolves around those. 

- Rich at Fortune and Glory (Days)  is all about the mint-on-card goodness!

- Newton at Infinite Hollywood is all about the hard-to-find vintage awesomeness! 

That's it for today... but I'll be back soon with more Goodwill Goodies! Until then, Happy Hunting! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on Greyskull. I want mine back ! I loved that playset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on Greyskull and the Ewok village!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am wanting to add a Greyskull to my collection to or at lest something like it that can have has a backdrop with my MOTU Knock-Off figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man why did you have to draw my attention to these mini mates! They even has Kitt and Karr vehicles! I might have to get those Ghostbusters too! Either way nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. como conseguiste a creven de super hero squad a me interesa tenerlo mucho

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do Not know how much of "PlaneScape" we still have here ... we will check good Sir
    Ravenloft is my favorite "Realm "... the land of Mists and Monsters...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...