Sunday, March 17, 2013

What I Woke Up To St. Patrick's Day Morning

So... we left this Leprechaun trap out on the couch in the living room last night when the kids went to bed:


The kids thought the Rolos, wrapped in gold paper would tantalize the Leprechaun, tempting him into the trap. On top of that, my middle son made a tiny green beaded necklace at a birthday part craft table he had attended earlier on Saturday. We tossed that in to further entice him into becoming trapped. 


But when we all got up and checked to see if we had caught a Leprechaun... this was the state in which we found the living room. I don't know if you can tell but he completely flipped over our green love-seat (no he didn't mismatch or ugly up the furniture, we did that all on our own) and most of the other furniture. 


Since the Leprechaun isn't a complete jerk, he did leave some surprises on the love seat for the kids:


Some green nail polish and green rock candy for my 12 year old daughter, and some green candy and green Hotwheels cars for the two boys. 


The toy fox that my son sleeps with every night turned up in the mess with the little green necklace around his tail. This was probably the most ominous part of the discovery... because I couldn't help but think this was some sort of veiled threat. My wife assures me that we are all safe and that the Leprechaun was just being "cute". I'm not so sure. 

But I think my absolute favorite item that he left for us to discover was this:


I think he appreciates our little game of cat-and-mouse that we play each year, but looking at the wreckage we had to put to rights before we could sit down this morning... I'm wondering who is the cat and who is the mouse.

Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Goodwill Geek and family! I'll be back soon with more Geeky Goodwill Goodies! Until then, Happy Hunting! 

4 comments:

  1. That is great! I love awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're entertained by our suffering. We're still picking up the shattered pieces of our hopes and dreams after this paranormal home invasion. Life will go on but... we have a lot of trust to rebuild before the Easter bunny shows up at the end of the month.

      Delete
  2. Ha! Great fun at your house this year. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all keep saying that... Like you're all laughing at this traumatic turn of events. I feel like I don't know any of you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...