Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I Won a Firefly Book from Cool & Collected!

I've been meaning to post about this for AGES but with the Halloween Countdown wrapping up, and so much other stuff going on, I kept having to put it off. But now it's time to shout it from the rooftops!

I won an amazingly beautiful book about the TV show Firefly from Brian over at Cool & Collected!


I am a Whedonite, pure and simple. The one Joss Whedon property I do not care for or about is Dollhouse, and I'll admit I never watched more than a couple episodes of it, so I could be totally off base. My love affair with almost all things Whedon began with Buffy, moved over to the occasional episode of Angel, knocked my socks off with Astonishing X-Men, broke my heart (in the good way) with Dr. Horrible, and later (much too much later) Firefly pistol-whipped me in the face and took a few teeth with it. Then of course The Avengers and Cabin in the Woods came along just to stop my heart and put the nails in the coffin. 

So when Brian announced he had this stunningly gorgeous book: Firefly: A Celebration from Titan books (it is a collection of material from three different Titan books dedicated to the show) up for grabs, I knew I HAD to own it. And... now... thanks to Brian... I do. 

See More of the Book After the Jump!

This book is AMAZING. First off, it includes the complete scripts for all 14 episodes. And that's just the beginning. 


There are also full page photos and complete character bios for all the primary characters and cast.


Most exciting for me I think are the original pieces of short fiction scattered throughout the book. I can't wait to dig into the new original stories about my favorite Firefly folks! Shiny!


The production info and behind the scenes details are fascinating, informative, and multiply my enjoyment of the show by tenfold. 

Fun With Dick and Jayne
And these special extras like an excerpt from Firefly: Still Flying featuring a two page Fun with Dick and Jayne story... show just how the 'verse keeps expanding.



Production photos, like this one of the prop guns carried by Jayne give my hungry hungry eyes the details they need to feed on all this Firefly goodness. 

Mmmm Saffron-y.
And with great highlights on some of my favorite secondary characters mixed in... this book is 'bout near perfect.


Also included are these portraits and a reproduction of the paper currency used on the show. This go tsao de -ingly amazing book just keeps giving. 

I can't thank Brian over at Cool & Collected enough for his great giveaway, and for this gorgeous (and gigantic) piece of amazing fan service. 

So that's it for tonight guys! I'll be back soon with more Gorram Goodwill Goodies! Until then, Happy Hunting!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...